We are currently accepting resumes for experienced Clinical Associates seeking part-time employment as an individual, couples, and family counselor and psychotherapist for clients who are 13 years or age and older.
This is an opportunity to enjoy the positive aspects of private practice, such as, schedule flexibility, and creativity while allowing WS to provide the support and resources that are often cumbersome and prohibitive to achieving the goal of becoming an independent practitioner.
- Wellness Solutions, LLC is hiring, part-time clinical associates, to provide office based, outpatient counseling and psychotherapy- for individuals, couples, families, and groups. We serve clients who are thirteen years of age and older. Our scope of practice includes clients who present with mild, moderate, and severe mental health disorders, substance use disorders, eating disorders, self-injurious behaviors, trauma recovery, stress management/adjustment concerns, and problems of everyday living.
- Wellness Solutions, LLC provides Clinical Associates with a fully furnished professional office, private insurance credentialing, front office administrative services, and back office billing services.
- Wellness Solutions, LLC will refer, outreach, schedule, check insurance eligibility and benefits, submit claims to insurance, follow up with outstanding claims, and collect client payments.
- Wellness Solutions, LLS provides training and continued education opportunities. Additionally, we provide encrypted communications, software, and technologies, including phone systems, email, electronic health records (EHR) and mobile device management (MDM) for professional ethical practice, information security, and HIPAA compliance.
- The Clinical Associate is expected to establish positive collaborative therapeutic relationships with clients to develop a consistent caseload. The Clinical Associate is expected to receive favorable reviews from clients, client family members, and fellow team members based on surveys, feedback, and performance evaluation measurements.
- Clinical Associates can expect the private insurance credentialing process to take approximately 90-180 days and Medicaid credentialing to take place in approximately 30 days. In the interim the Clinical Associate can expect to begin building his/her caseload seeing sliding scale and private pay clients until he/she is an in network provider with private insurance panels. Once credentialed with public and/or private insurance the Clinical Associate can begin building his/her caseload based on insurance payer referrals.
- Wellness Solutions, LLC assigns new client referrals, as they are received, to Clinical Associates based on the Clinical Associate’s designated areas of expertise and client preferences, presenting concerns, payer source, and schedule availability.
Required Professional License:
- Texas Licensure as a LPC, LCSW, or LMFT
- Texas Supervised Licensure as a LPC-I or LMFT-A.
- License must be current and in good standing
- Must be eligible for participation with public and/or private insurance panels (as applicable)
- Must be eligible to participate in with Medicaid
- Masters Degree in Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Social Work or Other Related Field
- Bachelor’s Degree
Required Professional Experience:
- Qualified Candidates - Demonstrate Professional Experience Which Includes The Assessment, Diagnosis, & Treatment Of Specialized Client Populations, Including But Not Limited To The Following: Adolescents, Adults, Geriatrics, LGBTQA, and Multicultural Clients.
- Qualified Candidates - Have Experience in the Assessment, Diagnosis, & Treatment of a Variety of Presenting Problems, Including But Not Limited To The Following: Anxiety, Bipolar, Boundary Setting, Communication Skills, Conflict Resolution Skills, Decision Making Skills, Depression, Eating Disorders, Grief/Loss, Life Adjustment Problems, Relationship Conflicts, Self-Injurious Behaviors, Substance Abuse, Trauma Recovery, and/or Stress management.
- Qualified Candidates - Demonstrate Professional Experience Providing Care Utilizing Multiple Evidence Based Theoretical Orientations, Including But Not Limited To The Following: Cognitive Behavioral Skills (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy, Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT), Person Centered Therapy, and Others.
- Qualified Candidates - Demonstrate Professional Experience Where Clinical Responsibilities Include Making Autonomous Clinical Decisions, Case Management, and The Development and Implementation of Safety Plans.
- Preferred Candidates - Demonstrate Direct Care Experience At The Inpatient Hospitalization, Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP), Intensive Outpatient (IOP), and/or Outpatient (OP) Level of Care (LOC) with an Understanding of the Clinical Management and Managed Care Requirements for Each Type of Care and Treatment.
- Preferred Candidates - Have Direct Care Experience At A Position Where Clinical Responsibilities Included Maintaining A Regular Client Caseload.
- Preferred Candidates - Have Professional Experience Conducting Crisis Assessment, Conflict Resolution, & Crisis Intervention.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to Communicate Knowledge to the Public, Staff, Team Members, Clients, & Client’s Support System in a Professional, Positive, Courteous, Compassionate, & Proactive Manner
- Ability to Work Effectively with People of All Social, Economic, & Cultural Backgrounds
- Ability to Prioritize Multiple Competing Tasks & Responsibilities
- Ability to Utilize Analytical Skills, Decision Making Skills, Critical Thinking Skills, Time Management Skills, Innovative and Creative Problem Solving Skills
- Basic computer skills including using email and electronic health records (EHR) systems
- Demonstrate Flexibility, Open-Mindedness, and Adaptability to Change
- Demonstrate Patience, Discretion, & Tact In Stressful or Intense Situations
- Develop Knowledge and Understanding with Wellness Solutions, LLC Policies, Procedures, Workflows, Work Processes, Employee Handbook, Rules, Regulations, Mission, Vision, Values, Philosophy, Ethics, & Company Culture
- Develop Knowledge of and Compliance With Ethical & Legal Practice, Privacy, Confidentiality, & HIPAA, as they relate to, Healthcare in General, Mental & Behavioral Healthcare Specifically, & One’s Role in the Organization
- Knowledge of Best Practices with Diverse Psychiatric Disorders & Client Populations
- Wellness Solutions, LLC performs job-related drug testing, background checks, verification of education, verification of employment history, & verification of employment references, as appropriate. All candidates are required to complete the aforementioned background checks as a pre-requisite for employment.
- Clinical Associates provide voluntary, office-based, outpatient counseling/psychotherapy to individuals, couples, families, and/or groups for Wellness Solutions, LLC clients who are thirteen years of age and older. (Outpatient counseling/psychotherapy sessions are 45-50 minutes in duration. Most outpatient clients receive once per week appointments upon admission and receive treatment every other week or once per month for ongoing low acuity symptoms or problems.)
- Clinical Associates are responsible for the assessment, diagnosis, intervention, and treatment of mild, moderate, and severe mental health disorders, substance abuse disorders, eating disorders, self-injurious behaviors, and problems of daily living.
- Clinical Associates educate the client and the client’s support system regarding the client’s diagnosis, interventions, treatment plan, safety plan, risk factors, treatment options (including risks and benefits), recommendations, resources, prognosis, and reasonable expectations for the client’s response to treatment throughout the client’s treatment.
- Clinical Associates complete a comprehensive individualized assessment, formulate a DSM-V diagnosis, and develops an evidenced-based treatment plan identifying objective, measurable, and attainable treatment objectives and goals. The assessment, treatment plan, clinical interventions, theoretical orientations, and other aspects of care are consistent with established industry standards and Wellness Solutions, LLC policies and procedures. The Clinical Associate will also assess and evaluate the client’s response to treatment and will modify the client’s treatment plan as circumstances require.
- Clinical Associates provide clients with education, interventions, resources, recommendations, and evidenced based clinical strategies to facilitate change in a positive, emotionally safe, non-judgemental environment.
- Clinical Associates provide clients honest, objective, and compassionate feedback based on professional clinical interventions. Additionally, Clinical Associates provide clients support, and encouragement to address behaviors, thoughts, and feelings causing distress or problems for the client.
- Clinical Associates complete standard clinical documentation, including but not limited to, assessments, clinical notes, treatment plans, treatment plan reviews, staffing notes of cases, discharge disposition plans, and coordination of care of treatment service notes with respect to Wellness Solutions, LLC and industry standards for timeliness, professionalism, and quality. Additionally, the Clinical Associate maintains accurate, thorough, and appropriate information in the client’s clinical chart/documentation.
- Clinical Associates consistently evaluate and assess a client’s needs for safety and address said issues related to risk factors, abuse, neglect, or potentially dangerous situations and behaviors. All concerns for risks, safety, or clinical complexity are addressed with the client, the client’s support system (as appropriate). The Clinical Associate, the client, and the client’s support system (as appropriate) collaborate to develop and implement an appropriate safety plan to address all risks. The safety plan is documented in the client chart and is also provided to the client. If the risk factors are not appropriate to be managed at the outpatient level of care or the client is not able to contract for safety then the client will be referred to a facility for assessment to determine if treatment at a higher level of care, such as, inpatient stabilization is necessary for safety.
- Clinical Associates provide treatment that is open-minded, compassionate, and respectful to the client, the client’s beliefs, values, goals, dignity, and humanity. Clinical Associates advocate for client empowerment, autonomy, and independence.
- Clinical Associates model behaviors consistent with a positive presence and demonstrate the ability to establish rapport, trust, and a collaborative partnership with clients, the client’s support system, and professional colleagues.
Hours for the Position:
- This is a part-time position
- Clinical Associates commit to consistent four hour blocks of time, three days per week for availability of scheduling appointments.
- Clinical Associates may choose time blocks (based on Wellness Solutions, LLC resource availability) seven days per week beginning 7 AM - 8:45 PM.
- Given that insurance credentialing takes approximately 90-180 days clinical associates can expect to see clients who are self-pay or sliding scale until credentialing is complete.
- Ability to Sit for Extended Periods of Time
- Ability to Attend In-Person Meetings
- Ability to Attend Web Based Trainings/Meetings
- Ability to Bend, Reach, Carry, and Lift Office Equipment and/or Supplies Up To 30 lbs.
- Ability to Perform Motor Skills & Coordination Skills to Complete Tasks
- This is an employment at will position
- This compensation is non-negotiable
- This is a part-time position
- This position does not offer or provide healthcare or other benefits
- This document describes the position currently available. It is not an employment contract. Wellness Solutions, LLC reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time and for any reason.
How To Apply For This Position:
- Please provide answers to the following questions in your cover letter:
- Provide three specific examples of how you believe your clinical values and clinical philosophy are consistent with that of Wellness Solutions, LLC
- Explain your clinical style, clinical role with clients, and how you describe the clinical relationship and appropriate clinical boundaries
- Please describe the therapeutic journey as if you were describing it to a client
- Please describe the role of a therapist in the therapeutic process as if you were asked by a client
- Describe three theoretical orientations you prefer to conceptualize, guide, and utilize for interventions
- Please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
- Cover letters and resumes which exclude identified requirements for this position will NOT be considered
- Do NOT contact us regarding the status of your resume submission
- We will review your cover letter and resume
- If we believe that you may be a candidate for hire then we will call and email you to request a phone interview
- If we believe that you may be a candidate for hire after the phone interview then we will call and email with to request an interview
- If we believe that you may be the candidate we have been searching for then we will call and email you to offer you the position pending/contingent upon the results of the educational check, employment check, background check, license check, verification of professional references, and a clean pre-employment drug screen.
- If we are able to verify all information as reported accurately then we will call and email you to formally offer you the position and welcome you to the WS Team!
1. What does Wellness Solutions, LLC provide to Clinical Associates?
- We offer all of the perks of private practice and none of the downsides.
- Most clinicians cream of having the freedom, flexibility, and independence of private practice. But the responsibility, liability, and financial investment of starting and owning a business is overwhelming, time consuming, and anxiety provoking.
- We provide all of the support, training, resources, and tools to run an effective, efficient, and successful private practice. All you have to do is show up on time, provide quality counseling & psychotherapy to clients, complete documentation within established deadlines, and collect your fee. In situations where, case management or other additional clinical services are needed by a client we provide Clinical Associates with support to assist with client care.
Wellness Solutions provides the following to Clinical Associates:
- Insurance Credentialing, Contracting, and Re-Credentialing
- Administrative Staff to schedule & reschedule appointments and attend to Client Concerns
- Billing Staff for insurance, bookkeeping, collections, and claims follow up
- Computer Software & Hardware for Clinical Documentation Compliance & Client Communication that is managed for HIPAA Compliance and Information & Data Security
- Managing Clinical Paperwork & Uploading Documents to the Client Chart
- Eligibility & Benefits Checks Upon Admission and throughout Treatment
- Electronic Claim Submission to Insurance
- Insurance Clearinghouse Access & Claims Services
- Claims Management and Payment Follow Up
- Electronic Appointment Text & Email Reminders
- Online Appointment Schedule Services
- Social Media Management Services
- Online Reputation Management Services
- Secure Client Portal
- HIPAA Certified Electronic Health Records (EHR)
- HIPAA Compliant & Encrypted Email, Document Sharing, & File Sharing
- HIPAA Compliant & Encrypted VOIP Phone, Voicemail, & Texting
- HIPAA Complaint & Encrypted TeleHealth Communication Services
- Mobile Device Management for HIPAA Compliance and Data Security
- Credit Card Processing of Client Services
- Clinical Support & Staffing of Client Cases
- Clinical Continuing Education Unit Support
- Professionally Decorated Office Space
- Practice Marketing & Advertising
- Website and Online Practice Presence
- Completely Paperless Office Processes Including Software and WS Pre-Approved Templates for Compliance
- Human Resources Data Compliance with 24/7 Accessibility
- Payroll Information Portal with 24/7 Accessibility
- All Payroll is Direct Deposit
- Extensive Training for all software, hardware, as well as, for compliance, risk management, best practices, and case management.
- And much more….
2. What Are The Requirements To Be Hired As A Clinical Associate?
- Please review the Clinical Associate Job Description for complete details.
- WS requires all Clinical Associates to complete a criminal background check, licensure background check, complete a resume and reference check, complete an educational background check, and pass a pre-employment drug test.
- WS requires all Clinical Associates to sign the WS Employee Handbook. This document is required as part of employment to ensure the privacy, confidentiality, and privileged communications of clients remain safe and secure. WS also makes a significant investment in new Clinical Associates as we onboard, train and credential them under our umbrella. Credentialing alone can cost several hundred dollars. Therefore, WS expects Clinical Associates to make a commitment to engage in the onboarding process with honesty, integrity, and transparency.
3. How Are Clinical Associates Assigned New Clients?
- Clinical Associates are assigned clients based on the area of expertise of the clinician and the needs of the new client seeking care.
- Clinical Associates will be emailed by Wellness Solutions, LLC staff. The email will be addressed to the Clinical Associate’s Wellness Solutions, LLC email account. The new client will be scheduled based on the availability provided by the Clinical Associate.
4. How Are Client Appointments Scheduled?
- The Clinical Associate is expected to maintain consistent weekly schedule availability for Wellness Solutions, LLC Admin Staff to schedule client appointments.
- The Clinical Associate is not permitted to schedule his/her own appointments.
- Clients will contact Wellness Solutions, LLC Administration Staff regarding scheduling via email, website appointment request, the online scheduling system, patient portal direct messaging, or via phone call.
- The Clinical Associate is advised that established clients can schedule their own appointments online 24/7 with 2 days advance notice.
5. How Are Clinical Associates Added To Insurance Panels?
- New Clinical Associates will go through credentialing with public and private insurance which takes approximately 30+ days for public insurance and approximately 90-180 days for private insurance.
- Credentialing is an arduous and expensive process that includes completing gratuitous paperwork.
- Wellness Solutions, LLC will take the responsibility of credentialing Clinical Associates under the WS facility/provider credentialing. In general, it is easier to become credentialed under an established facility/provider than independently.
6. Are Clinical Associates “Guaranteed” A Client Caseload?
- Clinical Associates will be assigned new clients based on Wellness Solutions, LLC receiving new client appointment requests that meet the expertise of the clinician and the expressed needs and preferences of the new client.
- Clinical Associates will be expected to begin accepting new clients who will be sliding scale or full fee for service while going through the insurance credentialing process.
- Clinical Associates awaiting in network status from insurance companies will not usually receive as many new client referrals as those who have completed credentialing and are in network as most clients want to use their insurance. Wellness Solutions, LLC is certainly aware of and sensitive to the challenges inherent to establishing and maintaining a caseload especially while going through the credentialing process.
- Wellness Solutions, LLC does not bill to out-of-network insurance companies.
7. Are Clinical Associates Expected To Establish & Maintain A Caseload?
7a. Are Clinical Associates Expected to Market Themselves or Advertise for Themselves?
- Yes. Clinical Associates are expected to establish and maintain a consistent caseload with clients assigned to them by WS.
- No. Clinical Associates are not expected to market or advertise for themselves. Wellness Solutions will market and advertise for clinical associates.
- Clinical Associates are expected to and responsible for the development of effective rapport and trusting therapeutic relationships with clients.
- Clinical Associates who are able to explain the therapy process and to ‘sell’ themselves as instruments of healing will inspire hope, model positive behaviors, and demonstrate evidence based expertise are effective competent clinicians that represent Wellness Solutions, LLC philosophy and commitment to quality.
- Clinical Associates who fail to engage, connect, motivate, or relate with clients are not effective agents of change and do not meet the person centered care, quality of care expectations, or treatment philosophy of Wellness Solutions, LLC.
- Clinical Associates who are not able to maintain a consistent client caseload will receive 3 warnings regarding retention concerns. If after the 3 warnings the Clinical Associate is not showing improvement then Wellness Solutions, LLC will terminate the business relationship with the Clinical Associate.
8. How Are Clinical Associates Paid?
- Clinical Associates are paid once per month on the first of every month by direct deposit.
- Clinical Associates are paid a fixed fee per session.
- Clinical Associates are paid after Wellness Solutions, LLC is paid for the total amount received for each billed client session. (When we get paid then you get paid.)
- Clinical Associates are paid a fixed amount per session based on level of licensure, experience, and expertise.
9. What is an allowable for insurance?
- In order to contract with an insurance company and receive referrals from insurance companies to see their members a facility signs a contract agreeing to specific terms with the insurance company. This is part of the insurance credentialing and contracting process. The provider agrees to discount fees for services to a contracted amount called an allowable in order to be accepted as an in network provider. The insurance company will refer their members to the provider in exchange for the provider to accept the allowable (as well as many other quality of care expectations). A very common standard fee for service for in network outpatient individual counseling and psychotherapy for 45 minutes is $100.00. The common allowable for the aforementioned service is $60.00. One insurance company may have hundreds of different policies with different allowables.
10. Can Clinical Associates choose which clients they will accept under their care based on the financials of the client? For example, can Clinical Associates turn clients down if they are sliding scale and only accept full fee for service or accept or decline a new client based on insurance?
- No. Clinical Associates are assigned clients based on the area of expertise of the clinician and the needs of the new client seeking care. Clinical Associates are expected to provide quality care to all clients assigned to their respective case loads regardless of payer source.
11. If a client has a copay or a co-insurance which is paid via the credit card on file and the claim for the client session is sent to insurance how does the Clinical Associate paid?
- The copay or coinsurance is collected via the required credit card on file. The Clinical Associate documents the client session, creates an encounter (claim), the biller reviews the claim for accuracy and then the biller sends the claim to the insurance company. The insurance company processes and pays the claim. Wellness Solutions, LLC receives the payment. The Clinical Associate is paid a fixed rate per session.
- The Clinical Associate is NOT paid for the copay or coinsurance separately from the claim. The Clinical Associate is NOT paid until the claim is processed and paid. The Clinical Associate is paid when Wellness Solutions, LLC gets paid.
12. If a client is paying the full allowable because the deductible has not been reached for the insurance policy how is the Clinical Associate paid?
- The allowable amount for the client’s deductible is paid via the client’s credit card on file. The Clinical Associate documents the client session, creates an encounter (claim), the biller reviews the claim for accuracy and then the biller sends the claim to the insurance company. The insurance company processes the claim and sends claim information to Wellness Solutions, LLC. Wellness Solutions, LLC receives the claim information and posts it to the client’s account. The Clinical Associate is paid the fixed rate per session. The Clinical Associate is NOT paid for the allowable amount prior to Wellness Solutions, LLC receiving the processed claims information from the insurance company. The Clinical Associate is paid when Wellness Solutions, LLC receives all claims and ERA.
13. Approximately how long does it take to receive insurance payments on claims?
- The claims processing turnaround time varies significantly on several factors including the insurance company, the insurance policy, if the client’s mental health benefits are part of the primary insurance or a carved out insurance, and the claims electronic remittance policy of each insurance.
- To provide a general reasonable turnaround time it is fair to expect most claims to process and pay between 15-30 days of the claim being submitted to insurance. The approximate average is 20 days.
- It is VERY important to remember that claims cannot be submitted to insurance unless the Clinical Associate has completely documented the session and then created an encounter.
- Clinical Associates who fail to comply with documentation turnaround times will cause payments from insurance to be delayed. All insurance companies have timely claims filing turnaround time expectations. Clinical Associates who do not comply with turnaround time expectations for documentation risk to have a claim denied if claims exceed the timely filing deadlines. Clinical Associates will NOT be paid for client sessions where claims are denied due to failure of the Clinical Associate to document and create the encounter so Wellness Solutions, LLC can scrub and generate the claim to insurance.
- Also, Clinical Associates who fail to make corrections to encounters/claims that fail inspection by Wellness Solutions, LLC, the clearinghouse, or the insurance company (when a claim is rejected) risk not being paid on the claim if the correction is not made within timely claims filing turnaround time requirements from insurance companies. The most common reason a Clinical Associate is asked to change an encounter/claim is that the primary diagnosis for the client on the claim is either not covered by insurance or is not coded thoroughly.
- Wellness Solutions, LLC team members help guide Clinical Associates on issues related to claims timely filing and corrections. Team members are here to create an environment friendly to clients and Clinical Associates. Wellness Solutions, LLC support staff strive to help Clinical Associates so they can see clients, help clients, and then get paid for the services provided as soon as possible.
14. What is the turn around time expectation for the Clinical Associate hiring position?
If a Wellness Solutions, LLC staff member has not contacted you within 7-10 business days at any point in the hiring process then you are no longer a current candidate for the position. WS respectfully requests that candidates do not contact our offices regarding the status of his or her hiring status. Once a Clinical Associate is assigned a new hiring step in the process then he or she is required to complete this step within 7-10 business days or he or she is no longer considered a candidate for the position.
15. What is the hiring process for the Clinical Associate position?
Step 1: Resume Submission - If you are interested in the Clinical Associate position please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] and we will review your information.
Step 2: Phone Interview - Based on the information provided in the questionnaire, if you meet the qualifications and experience required for the position, we will outreach to you via email and request a brief informal 30 minute phone interview.
Step 3: In Person Interview - If we determine that you are a viable candidate for the position, based on the brief informal 30 minute phone interview, we will contact you via email and schedule an in person interview at the Wellness Solutions, LLC office.
Step 4: Tentative Offer of Employment Letter - If we determine that you are the candidate we have been searching for then we will call and welcome you to Wellness Solutions! We will also send a tentative offer of employment letter. The offer of employment is tentative and contingent upon all candidates successfully completing the pre-onbaording and onboarding processes which includes passing all necessary background checks, verifications, and providing all information required for insurance credentialing.
Step 5: The Pre-Onboarding & Onboarding Processes:
The pre-onboarding and onboarding processes includes passing all necessary background checks, verifications, and providing all information required for insurance credentialing. This following list includes some examples of the required vetting, background checks, and information verifications required to successfully onboard and begin seeing Wellness Solutions clients. Once a Clinical Associate completes all required vetting procedures then he or she is cleared to begin seeing clients.
Criminal Background Check
Clinical Experience Verification & Background Check
Educational Verification & Background Check
License Verification & Background Check
Work History Verification & Background Check
Malpractice Verification & Background Check
Healthcare Industry Background Check
Alcohol & Drug Screening
Professional Reference Check
Completion of Employment Application & Employment Documents
Completion of Insurance Credentialing Documents
Step 6: Welcome to Wellness Solutions! You are now officially a Clinical Associate & You are READY to begin seeing clients!!!