Wellness Solutions is growing!
We are currently accepting resumes for experienced Clinical Associates seeking part-time employment as an individual, couples, and family counselor and psychotherapist for clients who are 13 years or age and older.
This is an opportunity to enjoy the positive aspects of private practice, such as, schedule flexibility, and creativity while allowing WS to provide the support and resources that are often cumbersome and prohibitive to achieving the goal of becoming an independent practitioner.
Wellness Solutions, LLC Clinical Associate Job Description:
- Wellness Solutions, LLC is hiring fully licensed, part-time clinical associates, to provide office based outpatient counseling and psychotherapy- for individuals, couples, families, and groups. We serve clients who are thirteen years of age and older.
- Our scope of practice includes clients who present with mild, moderate, and severe mental health disorders, substance use disorders, eating disorders, self-injurious behaviors, trauma recovery, stress management/adjustment concerns, as well as problems of everyday living.
- Wellness Solutions, LLC welcomes and embraces multiculturalism, neurodiversity, LGBTQ, and special populations in our client community. Wellness Solutions invites staff who reflect the diversity of our clients and share in the desire to make a positive and healthy impact in our community.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Masters Degree in Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Social Work or Other Related Field
- All of the aforementioned criteria are required for this position. This is a requirement for private insurance credentialing. Candidates who do not meet the requirements for privacy insurance credentialing are not suitable for this position as WS is an insurance based group practice.
- Applicants should be prepared to provide transcripts to verify completion of academic degrees for credentialing purposes.
Required Professional License:
- CURRENT Texas Licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) WITH TWO Full Years of Fully/Independently Licensed Experience
- License must be current and in good standing
- Must be eligible for participation with insurance panels. (Minimum of 2 years post independent license experience.)
- Must provide a full and complete resume or CV that accounts for any gaps in employment (This is required for insurance credentialing. Any employment gaps that are unaccounted for will discredit a candidate for this position.)
- Must provide three professional references
- All places of employment will be called directly to verify the information provided regarding employment experience and job duties
- Must be in good standing with all previous employers
- Must complete a criminal background check prior to completing the hiring process. (Employees are subject to background checks throughout their employment.)
- Must complete a drug screen prior to completing the hiring process. (Employees are subject to random and routine drug screens throughout their employment.)
Professional Skills & Experience:
- REQUIRED: A Minimum of 2 Years of Licensed Clinical Direct Care Mental & Behavioral Health Experience.
- REQUIRED: Proficiency with computers, information technology, and access to a stable internet signal. Wellness Solutions, LLC is currently providing all client care via Telehealth. Applicants who lack basic computer skills are not suitable for this position. Basic computer skills include the ability to access the internet, login to computers and computer software, check and respond to email, conduct video conference/telehealth sessions with a professional presentation and in a private professional environment, understand and update online calendars, complete clinical documentation in an electronic health records system, check voicemail, send texts, and communicate effectively and efficiently verbally and in writing.
- Preferred Candidates Demonstrate Direct Care Experience At The Inpatient Hospitalization, Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP), Intensive Outpatient (IOP), and/or Outpatient (OP) Level of Care (LOC) with an Understanding of the Clinical Management and Managed Care Requirements for Each Type of Care and Treatment.
- Preferred Candidates Have Direct Care Experience At A Position Where Clinical Responsibilities Included Maintaining A Regular Client Caseload.
- Preferred Candidates Have Professional Experience Conducting Crisis Assessment, Conflict Resolution, & Crisis Intervention.
- Qualified Candidates Demonstrate Professional Experience Which Includes The Assessment, Diagnosis, & Treatment Of Specialized Client Populations, Including But Not Limited To The Following: Adolescents, Adults, Geriatrics, LGBTQA, and Multicultural Clients.
- Qualified Candidates Have Experience in the Assessment, Diagnosis, & Treatment of a Variety Presenting Problems, Including But Not Limited To The Following: Anxiety, Bipolar, Boundary Setting, Communication Skills, Conflict Resolution Skills, Decision Making Skills, Depression, Eating Disorders, Grief/Loss, Life Adjustment Problems, Relationship Conflicts, Self-Injurious Behaviors, Substance Abuse, Trauma Recovery, and/or Stress management.
- Qualified Candidates Demonstrate Professional Experience Providing Care Utilizing Multiple Evidence Based Theoretical Orientations, Including But Not Limited To The Following: Cognitive Behavioral Skills (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy, Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT), Person-Centered Therapy, and Others.
- Qualified Candidates Demonstrate Professional Experience Where Clinical Responsibilities Include Making Autonomous Clinical Decisions, Case Management, and The Development and Implementation of Safety Plans.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Wellness Solutions, LLC is currently providing Telehealth only services. Clinical Associates must be independent and self-motivated, as well as, reasonably competent in using technology to engage with clients using a Telehealth platform-this includes access to a strong and reliable internet in a private setting for client appointments.
- Ability to Communicate Knowledge to the Public, Staff, Team Members, Clients, & Client’s Support System in a Professional, Positive, Courteous, Compassionate, & Proactive Manner
- Ability to Work Effectively with People of All Social, Economic, & Cultural Backgrounds
- Ability to Prioritize Multiple Competing Tasks & Responsibilities
- Ability to Utilize Analytical Skills, Decision Making Skills, Critical Thinking Skills, Time Management Skills, Innovative and Creative Problem Solving Skills
- Demonstrate Flexibility, Open-Mindedness, and Adaptability to Change
- Demonstrate Patience, Discretion, & Tact In Stressful or Intense Situations
- Develop Knowledge and Understanding with Wellness Solutions, LLC Policies, Procedures, Workflows, Work Processes, Employee Handbook, Rules, Regulations, Mission, Vision, Values, Philosophy, Ethics, & Company Culture
- Develop Knowledge of and Compliance With Ethical & Legal Practice, Privacy, Confidentiality, & HIPAA, as they relate to, Healthcare in General, Mental & Behavioral Healthcare Specifically, & One’s Role in the Organization
- Knowledge of Best Practices with Diverse Psychiatric Disorders & Client Populations
- Maintain Any Form of Public Image, Public Information, and/or Social Media in a Professional, Ethical, Lawful Manner, & Consistent with Wellness Solutions, LLC Employee Handbook, Policies & Procedures, Values, and Philosophy
Clinical Associate Responsibilities:
- Wellness Solutions, LLC is CURRENTLY providing all care to clients via Telehealth at this time. We are unsure when we will return to in person appointments. Clinical Associates are expected to conduct Telehealth appointments with the same punctuality, quality, and professionalism as in person appointments. Telehealth sessions are to be conducted in a private and professional manner free of interruptions or distractions.
- The Clinical Associate provides his/her schedule availability, see clients in the Wellness Solutions, LLC office and/or via telehealth, complete clinical documentation on time and in a professional manner, complete task responsibilities on time and in a professional manner, will staff clients progress with a clinical supervisor as needed, offer continuity between providers (as necessary or appropriate), and will complete trainings and business activities on time and in a professional manner. Clinical Associates are paid based on a set rate that is incentivized by census number of his/her billed services as collected and received from the clients and third party payers (insurance). Clinical Associates are eligible for bonuses based on incentives and performance.
- The Clinical Associate is expected to establish positive collaborative therapeutic relationships with clients to develop a consistent caseload. The Clinical Associate is expected to receive favorable reviews from clients, client family members, and fellow team members based on surveys, feedback, and performance evaluation measurements. Clinical Associates will demonstrate appropriate therapeutic boundaries, ethical behavior, and professional presentation and decorum.
- Clinical Associates can expect the insurance credentialing process to take approximately 90-180 days. In the interim the Clinical Associate can expect to begin building his/her caseload seeing sliding scale and private pay clients until he/she is an in network provider with private insurance panels. Once credentialed with private insurance the Clinical Associate can begin building his/her caseload based on insurance payer referrals. Wellness Solutions, LLC does not provide services to individuals with public insurance, such as, Medicaid, Medicare, or TriCare. Clinical Associates are expected to maintain a client census of no less than 8 completed client appointments per week / 32 completed client appointments per month in 6 months of employment.
- Wellness Solutions, LLC performs job-related drug testing, background checks, verification of education, verification of employment history, & verification of employment references, as appropriate.
- Clinical Associates provide voluntary, office-based and Telehealth, outpatient counseling/psychotherapy to individuals, couples, families, and/or groups for Wellness Solutions, LLC clients who are thirteen years of age and older. (Outpatient counseling/psychotherapy sessions are 45-50 minutes in duration. Most outpatient clients receive once per week appointments upon admission and receive treatment every other week or once per month for ongoing low acuity symptoms or problems.)
- Clinical Associates are responsible for the assessment, diagnosis, intervention, and treatment of mild, moderate, and severe mental health disorders, substance abuse disorders, eating disorders, self-injurious behaviors, and problems of daily living.
- Clinical Associates educate the client and the client’s support system regarding the client’s diagnosis, interventions, treatment plan, safety plan, risk factors, treatment options (including risks and benefits), recommendations, resources, prognosis, and reasonable expectations for the client’s response to treatment throughout the client’s treatment.
- Clinical Associates complete a comprehensive individualized assessment, formulate a DSM-V diagnosis, and develop an evidenced-based treatment plan identifying objective, measurable, and attainable treatment objectives and goals. The assessment, treatment plan, clinical interventions, theoretical orientations, and other aspects of care are consistent with established industry standards and Wellness Solutions, LLC policies and procedures. The Clinical Associate will also assess and evaluate the client’s response to treatment and will modify the client’s treatment plan as circumstances require.
- Clinical Associates provide clients with education, interventions, resources, recommendations, and evidenced based clinical strategies to facilitate change in a positive, emotionally safe, non-judgmental environment.
- Clinical Associates provide clients honest, objective, and compassionate feedback based on professional clinical interventions. Additionally, Clinical Associates provide clients support, and encouragement to address behaviors, thoughts, and feelings causing distress or problems for the client.
- Clinical Associates complete standard clinical documentation, including but not limited to, assessments, clinical notes, treatment plans, treatment plan reviews, staffing notes of cases, discharge disposition plans, and coordination of care of treatment service notes with respect to Wellness Solutions, LLC and industry standards for timeliness, professionalism, and quality. Additionally, the Clinical Associate maintains accurate, thorough, and appropriate information in the client’s clinical chart/documentation.
- Clinical Associates consistently evaluate and assess a client’s needs for safety and address said issues related to risk factors, abuse, neglect, or potentially dangerous situations and behaviors. All concerns for risks, safety, or clinical complexity are addressed with the client, the client’s support system (as appropriate). The Clinical Associate, the client, and the client’s support system (as appropriate) collaborate to develop and implement an appropriate safety plan to address all risks. The safety plan is documented in the client chart and is also provided to the client. If the risk factors are not appropriate to be managed at the outpatient level of care or the client is not able to contract for safety then the client will be referred to a facility for assessment to determine if treatment at a higher level of care, such as, inpatient stabilization is necessary for safety.
- Clinical Associates attend and complete training sessions offered inside and outside of Wellness Solutions, LLC to enhance and augment education, experience, training, and expertise.
- Clinical Associates provide treatment that is open-minded, compassionate, and respectful to the client, the client’s beliefs, values, goals, dignity, and humanity. Clinical Associates advocate for client empowerment, autonomy, and independence.
- Clinical Associates model behaviors consistent with a positive presence and demonstrate the ability to establish rapport, trust, and a collaborative partnership with clients, the client’s support system, and professional colleagues.
- Clinical Associates utilize and implement new training, resources, and reference materials provided by Wellness Solutions, LLC into their role responsibilities. Task assignments are completed on time and with a quality work product in a legal and ethical manner. Clinical Associates are punctual, responsible, self-motivated, and work autonomously in a professional manner. Clinical Associations are expected to complete task responsibilities in a professional, efficient, punctual, and cooperative manner. Clinical Associates are expected to communicate with fellow staff members in a positive, collaborative, and proactive manner.
- Clinical Associates follow data security and information technology protocols for compliance and to ensure the ethical and legal clinical practice required for confidentiality and privacy of our clients. Clinical Associates are responsible and accountable for maintaining the security, safety, and integrity of all Wellness Solutions, LLC computer hardware, software, and business information and assets.
- Wellness Solutions, LLC provides all computer hardware and software to complete Wellness Solutions, LLC business. If working from home the Clinical Associate is responsible for a professional presentation and access to a strong internet connection (if conducting Telehealth sessions from home or away from Wellness Solutions, LLC property) to attend clinical appointments and training in a prompt, responsible, and timely manner.
- Clinical Associates are expected to update systems in real time in accordance with WS policies and procedures to ensure the safety of the Clinical Associate, the client, and to provide transparency, efficiency, and accuracy in WS business processes.
- Clinical Associates may choose to use some Wellness Solutions, LLC systems on personal devices. Clinical Associates who choose to use personal devices for WS business are required to allow WS to provide data security and information technology anti-virus and other systems to protect WS business information and client information.
- Clinical Associates are not permitted to share, reproduce, use, or in any way replicate Wellness Solutions, LLC company information, processes, procedures, intellectual property, or other types of property outside the scope of his or her role within Wellness Solutions, LLC. Any and all information, systems, policies, procedures, property, intellectual property, resources, reference material, etc is the sole ownership and property of Wellness Solutions, LLC and may not be used for any other purpose.
- Please visit and review the Wellness Solutions, LLC website www.WellnessSolutionsLLC.com and social media for additional information regarding our services, values, and practice philosophy.
Exclusionary Criteria For Hiring:
- We are NOT hiring new undergraduates in any field.
- We are NOT hiring new graduates from a Masters, PhD, or PsyD program
- We are NOT hiring Masters, PhD, or PsyD level students or interns
- We are NOT accepting applications for Masters, PhD, PsyD post graduate interns or associates
- We are NOT hiring applicants who are NOT fully licensed or who have a provisional license
- We are NOT accepting applications for individuals with less than two years of licensed clinical experience. We are an insurance based practice. Insurance does not allow those who are provisionally licensed or those who are fully licensed with less than 2 years of licensed clinical experience credential to be in network providers.
- Do NOT Apply for this position if you do NOT meet the minimum professional licensure requirements. Applicants who apply under the pretense that they will meet the aforementioned criteria in the near future are NOT qualified for the position now. Do NOT apply for this position unless you are qualified. Applicants that apply for this position and are not qualified will be permanently banned from a position in the future.
- Applying for a licensed clinical position when one does not meet the educational and licensure requirements is fraud. Interns and other professionals who apply for positions and are deceptive regarding licensure status and professional experience and expertise will be reported to their license supervisors and licensure board.
- Submitting an application for a position when one does not meet the minimum criteria for hire demonstrates a lack of professionalism, inability to follow directions, and disregard for company time and resources.
Wellness Solutions, LLC Responsibilities to Clinical Staff Members:
- Wellness Solutions, LLC provides Clinical Associates with a fully furnished professional office (when providing in person counseling) and provides computer hardware and software for ethical, secure, and compliant telehealth services.
- Wellness Solutions, LLC provides insurance credentialing, front office administrative services, and back office billing services. Wellness Solutions, LLC provides clinical staff with support services throughout the direct care process.
- Wellness Solutions assists clinical staff negotiate and maintain insurance credentialing and contracts, as well as, manage CAQH attestations and professional information for each insurance company.
- Wellness Solutions, LLC will refer, outreach, schedule, check insurance eligibility and benefits, submit claims to insurance, follow up with outstanding claims, and collect client payments. Wellness Solutions manages patient accounts and claims information. Wellness Solutions, LLC manages all patient accounts and handles all patient collections.
- Wellness Solutions, LLC provides training and continued education opportunities. Additionally, we provide encrypted communications, computer hardware, computer software, and technologies, including phone systems, email, instant messaging, secure texting, patient portal messaging, electronic health records (EHR), and mobile device management (MDM) for professional ethical practice, information security and HIPAA compliance.
- Wellness Solutions, LLC provides marketing, advertising, social media management, and online reputation management services for clinical staff developing a professional presence and client base. Clinical staff are featured on the Wellness Solutions website and marketing documents to assist staff with developing their client census. Wellness Solutions, LLC features clinical staff on social media platforms and other online marketing platforms, such as PsychologyToday.
- Wellness Solutions, LLC assigns new client referrals, as they are received, to Clinical Associates based on the Clinical Associate’s designated areas of expertise and client preferences, presenting concerns, payer source, and schedule availability.
- $30.00-$40.00 Base Per completed and billed clinical session based on census and performance with bonuses. Please see graphics below.
- Clinical Associates are paid on a Monthly basis.
- Clinical Associates are W2 employees.
- Clinical Associates are paid based on the completed and billed number of client hours in a monthly pay period. Clinical Associates are paid once WS is paid for said services.
- Clinical Associates are eligible for bonuses based on performance, census, and other factors.
- Clinical Associates are paid a set amount per completed, billed, and collected clinical sessions for each monthly pay period.
- Clinical Associates are expected to develop a minimum census of 12 clients per week in no more than 4 months. The minimum client case load permitted is 12 clients per week Clinicians who fall below a census of 12 clients per week will be phased out and their clients will be reassigned to other WS clinical staff members.
- Each clinician has the same earning potential as the other.
- Clinicians are paid based on their census number, incentives, and bonuses based on performance, quality of care, quality of work product, meeting objectives and goals, and benefits (for full time clinical staff).
- Clinical staff should also keep in mind the ability to develop, cultivate, and maintain a client census includes offering schedule availability that is consistent and during peak times that clients request appointments. To maximize one's ability to achieve their highest potential for salary the clinician should have consistent evening and weekend hours while developing a case load.
- This is a part-time position.
- This position does not “guarantee” hours and Clinical Associates are assigned clients by Wellness Solutions, LLC and expected to develop a case load. This position has the potential to develop into a full time employment position for Clinical Associates who develop a caseload of 35 clients per week consistently.
- New Clinical Associates commit to consistent 4 hour blocks of time, 3 days per week for availability of scheduling appointments. ALL new clinical associates are required to commit to a minimum of one 4 hour evening shift and/or one 4 hour weekend shift. This applies to all applicants and is a requirement. Please do not contact WS and request an exception.
- Establishing consistent time commitments is important to developing a stable client caseload. No business can survive if offering a service and not being able to provide stable business hours of operation. Flaky schedule availability leads to inconsistent poor quality care and unreliable team members that create unnecessary burden on support staff. Clinical Associates are expected to maintain the same schedule availability for the first 6 months of employment. They may increase hours of availability if their client case load exceeds 12 clients per week, however; they may not change or alter existing availability for the firs 6 months of employment. Clinical schedules are expected to be consistent and reliable. Clinical Associates who are not able to commit to 12 hours per week consistently are not suitable for this position. Clinical Associates who have personal or other professional responsibilities that make a schedule commitment challenging are not suitable for this position.
- Clinical Associates may choose time blocks (based on Wellness Solutions, LLC resource availability) seven days per week beginning 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM.
- Any changes to routine schedule require two weeks notice minimum with authorization.
- Clinical staff may not cancel, reschedule, or otherwise alter availability any more than 3 times in 6 months with less than 72 hours notice and an appropriate documented work excuse from physician or similar professional.
- Clinical staff who cancel, reschedule, or otherwise alter availability with less than 72 hours notice lose their eligibility for monthly and quarterly bonuses for said month and quarter.
- Given that insurance credentialing takes approximately 90-180 days, clinical associates can expect to see clients who are self-pay or sliding scale until credentialing is complete. Clinical Associates who begin and are already credentialed with private insurance can expect to receive client referrals faster than clinicians who are going through the credentialing process.
- All Clinical Associates are expected to sign the employee handbook which includes a confidentiality agreement for all client and company information and a non-complete agreement for outpatient mental health practices within 10 miles of Wellness Solutions, LLC and an agreement to not see a Wellness Solutions, LLC client for one year post-employment. All Clinical Associates sign the employee handbooks which includes a credentialing repayment agreement should the associate leave Wellness Solutions, LLC in the first year of employment. In short, Wellness Solutions, LLC invests a great deal of time, energy, and resources cultivating our clinical staff and we are seeking clinical staff who are motivated, professional, and ethical.
- Clinical Associate who leave Wellness Solutions, LLC and wish to be eligible for rehire and considered in good standing for future employment checks are required to provide a minimum of 6 weeks notice. This requirement ensure that weekly clients and every other week clients have the opportunity to receive 3 termination sessions in compliance with ethical requirements.
- Ability to Sit for Extended Periods of Time
- Ability to Attend In-Person Meetings
- Ability to Attend Web Based Trainings/Meetings
- Ability to Bend, Reach, Carry, and Lift Office Equipment and/or Supplies Up To 30 lbs
- Ability to Perform Motor Skills & Coordination Skills to Complete Tasks
- Ability to Commit to a Regular, Routine, & Consistent Schedule / Attendance
- This is an employment at will position
- This compensation is non-negotiable
- This is a part-time position
- This position does not offer or provide healthcare or other benefits
- This document describes the position currently available. It is not an employment contract.
- Wellness Solutions, LLC reserves the right to modify job duties, job descriptions, the employee contract, and/or the employee handbook at any time and for any reason.
How To Apply For This Position:
First Step: COMPLETE The WS Clinical Super Hero Employment Application-
- Complete the online form for the WS Clinical Super Hero Employment Application. The online form is the ONLY way to apply for this position. You will receive a confirmation that your application was submitted upon completing the form. You will receive an email confirming that your application was submitted and received by Wellness Solutions, LLC. You will receive a text message from Wellness Solutions to confirm receipt of your application. You will also receive a copy of your application via email. Please do not contact Wellness Solutions regarding the status of your application. If you do not hear from Wellness Solutions within 10 days of your application submission then you are no longer an active candidate for the position.
Second Step: PHONE INTERVIEW - If we believe that you may be a candidate for hire then we will call and email you to request a phone interview.
Third Step: WEB BASED INTERVIEW - If we believe that you may be a candidate for hire after the phone interview then we will call and email to request an interview.
Fourth Step: TENTATIVE OFFER LETTER - If we believe that you may be the candidate we have been searching for then we will call and email you to offer you the position pending/contingent upon the results of the educational check, employment check, background check, license check, verification of professional references, and a clean pre-employment drug screen. Yes, we really will conduct all these checks. Please be aware that if you are not honest in your application we will find out. It really is just better to be honest from the beginning.
Fifth Step: WELCOME LETTER & WELCOME CALL !! :)
1. What does Wellness Solutions, LLC provide to Clinical Associates?
- We offer all of the perks of private practice and none of the downsides.
- Most clinicians dream of having the freedom, flexibility, and independence of private practice. But the responsibility, liability, and financial investment of starting and owning a business is overwhelming, time consuming, and anxiety provoking.
- We provide all of the support, training, resources, and tools to run an effective, efficient, and successful private practice. All you have to do is show up on time, provide quality counseling & psychotherapy to clients, complete documentation within established deadlines, and collect your fee. In situations where, case management or other additional clinical services are needed by a client we provide Clinical Associates with support to assist with client care.
Wellness Solutions provides the following to Clinical Associates:
- Insurance Credentialing, Contracting, and Re-Credentialing
- Administrative Staff to schedule & reschedule appointments and attend to client concerns
- Billing Staff for insurance, bookkeeping, collections, and claims follow up
- Computer Software & Hardware for Clinical Documentation Compliance & Client Communication that is managed for HIPAA Compliance and Information & Data Security
- Managing Clinical Paperwork & Uploading Documents to the Client Chart
- Eligibility & Benefits Checks Upon Admission and throughout Treatment
- Electronic Claim Submission to Insurance
- Insurance Clearinghouse Access & Claims Services
- Claims Management and Payment Follow Up
- Electronic Appointment Text & Email Reminders
- Online Appointment Schedule Services
- Social Media Management Services
- Online Reputation Management Services
- Secure Client Portal
- HIPAA Certified Electronic Health Records (EHR)
- HIPAA Compliant & Encrypted Email, Document Sharing, & File Sharing
- HIPAA Compliant & Encrypted VOIP Phone, Voicemail, & Texting
- HIPAA Complaint & Encrypted Telehealth Communication Services
- Mobile Device Management for HIPAA Compliance and Data Security
- Credit Card Processing of Client Services
- Clinical Support & Staffing of Client Cases
- Clinical Continuing Education Unit Support
- Practice Marketing & Advertising
- Website and Online Practice Presence
- Completely Paperless Office Processes Including Software and WS Pre-Approved Templates for Compliance
- Human Resources Data Compliance with 24/7 Accessibility
- Payroll Information Portal with 24/7 Accessibility
- All Payroll is Direct Deposit
- SEO Management
- Healthcare Insurance Benefits Including Medical, Dental, and Vision for Employees Considered FULL TIME.
- Extensive Training for all software, hardware, as well as, for compliance, risk management, best practices, and case management.
- And much more….
2. What Are The Requirements To Be Hired As A Clinical Associate?
- Please review the Clinical Associate Job Description for complete details.
- WS requires all Clinical Associates to complete a criminal background check, licensure background check, complete a resume and reference check, complete an educational background check, and pass a pre-employment drug test.
- WS requires all Clinical Associates to sign the WS Employee Handbook. This document is required as part of employment to ensure the privacy, confidentiality, and privileged communications of clients remain safe and secure. WS also makes a significant investment in new Clinical Associates as we onboard, train and credential them under our umbrella. Credentialing alone can cost several hundred dollars. Therefore, WS expects Clinical Associates to make a commitment to engage in the onboarding process with honesty, integrity, and transparency.
3. How Are Clinical Associates Assigned New Clients?
- Clinical Associates are assigned clients based on the area of expertise of the clinician and the needs of the new client seeking care.
- Clinical Associates are assigned new clients based on the availability and expertise.
4. How Are Client Appointments Scheduled? What Are The Clinical Scheduling Availability Expectations?
- The Clinical Associate is expected to maintain consistent weekly schedule availability for Wellness Solutions, LLC Admin Staff to schedule client appointments. WS respects and values the benefits of scheduling flexibility while also balances that with the need to provide reliable, consistent, and dependable client care. We make every effort to accommodate our clinical staff to ensure that appointment scheduling is convenient and takes individual preferences into consideration.
- The Clinical Associate is not permitted to schedule his/her own appointments or handle issues related to billing or insurance. WS provides professionally trained staff to support clinicians and clients.
- Clients will contact Wellness Solutions, LLC Administration Staff regarding scheduling via email, website appointment request, the online scheduling system, patient portal direct messaging, or via phone call.
Clinical Schedule Availability:
- All clinicians are required to have a minimum schedule availability of 12 hours per week.
- The 12 hours per week of availability must be divided between throughout the schedule as follows:
- Standard Demand: 4 hours within the timeframe of Mon-Fri 8 AM - 3 PM.
- High Demand: 4 hours within the timeframe of Mon-Fri 4 PM - 7 PM.
- Extremely High Demand: 4 hours within the timeframe of Sat or Sun 8 AM - 7 PM.
- All staff must have availability provided within these time frames. We welcome additional availability, especially in high demand and extremely high demand times.
- For staff who provide additional availability in high demand and extremely high depend appointment times WS will offer increased flexibility and accommodations.
- Any significant changes in schedule availability must be approved one month prior to changes taking place. No more than three significant changes are allowed in a twelve month period.
- Any minor changes in schedule availability must be approved two weeks prior to changes taking place. No more than three minor changes are allowed in a twelve month period.
- Clinicians who opt to schedule more than six hours during Saturday or Sunday will have the opportunity of a base pay increase to $35.00 per session.
5. How Are Clinical Associates Added To Insurance Panels?
- New Clinical Associates will go through credentialing with public and private insurance which takes approximately 30+ days for public insurance and approximately 90-180 days for private insurance.
- Credentialing is an arduous and expensive process that includes completing gratuitous paperwork.
- Wellness Solutions, LLC will take the responsibility of credentialing Clinical Associates under the WS facility/provider credentialing. In general, it is easier to become credentialed under an established facility/provider than independently.
6. Are Clinical Associates “Guaranteed” A Client Caseload?
- Clinical Associates will be assigned new clients based on Wellness Solutions, LLC receiving new client appointment requests that meet the expertise of the clinician and the expressed needs and preferences of the new client.
- Clinical Associates will be expected to begin accepting new clients who will be sliding scale or full fee for service while going through the insurance credentialing process.
- Clinical Associates awaiting in network status from insurance companies will not usually receive as many new client referrals as those who have completed credentialing and are in network as most clients want to use their insurance. Wellness Solutions, LLC is certainly aware of and sensitive to the challenges inherent to establishing and maintaining a caseload especially while going through the credentialing process.
- Wellness Solutions, LLC does not bill to out-of-network insurance companies.
7. Are Clinical Associates Expected To Establish & Maintain A Caseload?
7a. Are Clinical Associates Expected to Market Themselves or Advertise for Themselves?
- Yes. Clinical Associates are expected to establish and maintain a consistent caseload with clients assigned to them by WS.
- No. Clinical Associates are not expected to market or advertise for themselves. Wellness Solutions will market and advertise for clinical associates.
- Clinical Associates are expected to and responsible for the development of effective rapport and trusting therapeutic relationships with clients.
- Clinical Associates who are able to explain the therapy process and to ‘sell’ themselves as instruments of healing will inspire hope, model positive behaviors, and demonstrate evidence based expertise are effective competent clinicians that represent Wellness Solutions, LLC philosophy and commitment to quality.
- Clinical Associates who fail to engage, connect, motivate, or relate with clients are not effective agents of change and do not meet the person centered care, quality of care expectations, or treatment philosophy of Wellness Solutions, LLC.
- Clinical Associates who are not able to maintain a consistent client caseload will receive 3 warnings regarding retention concerns. If after the 3 warnings the Clinical Associate is not showing improvement then Wellness Solutions, LLC will terminate the business relationship with the Clinical Associate.
8. How Are Clinical Associates Paid?
- Clinical Associates are paid once per month on the first of every month by direct deposit.
- Clinical Associates are paid a fixed fee per session based on performance and bonus incentives.
- Clinical Associates are paid after Wellness Solutions, LLC is paid for the total amount received for each billed client session. (When we get paid then you get paid.)
- Clinical Associates are paid a fixed amount per session based on level of licensure, experience, and expertise, as well as, client census, performance, and bonus incentives.
9. What is an allowable for insurance?
- In order to contract with an insurance company and receive referrals from insurance companies to see their members a facility signs a contract agreeing to specific terms with the insurance company. This is part of the insurance credentialing and contracting process. The provider agrees to discount fees for services to a contracted amount called an allowable in order to be accepted as an in network provider. The insurance company will refer their members to the provider in exchange for the provider to accept the allowable (as well as many other quality of care expectations). A very common standard fee for service for in network outpatient individual counseling and psychotherapy for 45 minutes is $100.00. The common allowable for the aforementioned service is $60.00. One insurance company may have hundreds of different policies with different allowables.
10. Can Clinical Associates choose which clients they will accept under their care based on the financials of the client? For example, can Clinical Associates turn clients down if they are sliding scale and only accept full fee for service or accept or decline a new client based on insurance?
- No. Clinical Associates are assigned clients based on the area of expertise of the clinician and the needs of the new client seeking care. Clinical Associates are expected to provide quality care to all clients assigned to their respective case loads regardless of payer source.
11. If a client has a copay or a co-insurance which is paid via the credit card on file and the claim for the client session is sent to insurance how does the Clinical Associate paid?
- The copay or coinsurance is collected via the required credit card on file. The Clinical Associate documents the client session, creates an encounter (claim), the biller reviews the claim for accuracy and then the biller sends the claim to the insurance company. The insurance company processes and pays the claim. Wellness Solutions, LLC receives the payment. The Clinical Associate is paid a fixed rate per session.
- The Clinical Associate is NOT paid for the copay or coinsurance separately from the claim. The Clinical Associate is NOT paid until the claim is processed and paid. The Clinical Associate is paid when Wellness Solutions, LLC gets paid.
12. If a client is paying the full allowable because the deductible has not been reached for the insurance policy how is the Clinical Associate paid?
- The allowable amount for the client’s deductible is paid via the client’s credit card on file. The Clinical Associate documents the client session, creates an encounter (claim), the biller reviews the claim for accuracy and then the biller sends the claim to the insurance company. The insurance company processes the claim and sends claim information to Wellness Solutions, LLC. Wellness Solutions, LLC receives the claim information and posts it to the client’s account. The Clinical Associate is paid the fixed rate per session. The Clinical Associate is NOT paid for the allowable amount prior to Wellness Solutions, LLC receiving the processed claims information from the insurance company. The Clinical Associate is paid when Wellness Solutions, LLC receives all claims and ERA.
13. Approximately how long does it take to receive insurance payments on claims?
- The claims processing turnaround time varies significantly on several factors including the insurance company, the insurance policy, if the client’s mental health benefits are part of the primary insurance or a carved out insurance, and the claims electronic remittance policy of each insurance.
- To provide a general reasonable turnaround time it is fair to expect most claims to process and pay between 15-30 days of the claim being submitted to insurance. The approximate average is 20 days.
- It is VERY important to remember that claims cannot be submitted to insurance unless the Clinical Associate has completely documented the session and then created an encounter.
- Clinical Associates who fail to comply with documentation turnaround times will cause payments from insurance to be delayed. All insurance companies have timely claims filing turnaround time expectations. Clinical Associates who do not comply with turnaround time expectations for documentation risk to have a claim denied if claims exceed the timely filing deadlines. Clinical Associates will NOT be paid for client sessions where claims are denied due to failure of the Clinical Associate to document and create the encounter so Wellness Solutions, LLC can scrub and generate the claim to insurance.
- Also, Clinical Associates who fail to make corrections to encounters/claims that fail inspection by Wellness Solutions, LLC, the clearinghouse, or the insurance company (when a claim is rejected) risk not being paid on the claim if the correction is not made within timely claims filing turnaround time requirements from insurance companies. The most common reason a Clinical Associate is asked to change an encounter/claim is that the primary diagnosis for the client on the claim is either not covered by insurance or is not coded thoroughly.
- Wellness Solutions, LLC team members help guide Clinical Associates on issues related to claims timely filing and corrections. Team members are here to create an environment friendly to clients and Clinical Associates. Wellness Solutions, LLC support staff strive to help Clinical Associates so they can see clients, help clients, and then get paid for the services provided as soon as possible.
14. What is the turn around time expectation for the Clinical Associate hiring position?
If a Wellness Solutions, LLC staff member has not contacted you within 7-14 business days at any point in the hiring process then you are no longer a current candidate for the position.
Once a Clinical Associate is assigned a new hiring step in the process then he or she is required to complete this step within 7-14 business days or he or she is no longer considered a candidate for the position.
Candidates that miss an interview or are late to an interview are not eligible for hire.
Candidates who need to reschedule an interview are only permitted to do so if they are able to present a physician's excuse. Candidates may only reschedule an interview once and then they are no longer eligible for hire.
15. Can I work somewhere else and for Wellness Solutions, LLC?
Yes! Most people do. This is a part time position. Therefore, most clinicians will have other employment.
We welcome clinical staff that have positive connections with the treatment community. We believe that clinical staff who share professional connections and relationships with other facilities and providers benefits everyone and is good practice.
It is important that clinicians are aware that their schedules should be consistent with Wellness Solutions and that any other employment should not impact or compete with Wellness Solutions business. Clinical Staff are required to report any and all potential conflicts of interest immediately.
We do not hire clinicians with their own outpatient private practice or who are employed by other outpatient group practices unless they are moving from another city or location.
Our clinical staff are not permitted to work for their own outpatient private practice or outpatient group practice at any time.
16. Does Wellness Solutions, LLC offer full time employment to clinicians?
Currently, Wellness Solutions, LLC is hiring part-time staff only.
Clinicians who achieve 35 clients per week consistently may become eligible for full time status which would include 20+ paid time off and benefits.
Wellness Solutions, LLC does not hire full time clinical staff. Clinicians who demonstrate loyalty, commitment, and dedication to Wellness Solutions, LLC through their professionalism, ethics, expertise, ability to develop and maintain a consistent reliable clinical case load (35 client per week consistently) with a quality work product are eligible for a full time position.
17. How much can I make working as a clinician for Wellness Solutions, LLC? What is the Wellness Solutions, LLC pay scale and bonus structure?
Each clinician has the same earning potential as the other. Clinicians are paid based on their census number, incentives, and bonuses based on performance, quality of care, quality of work product, meeting objectives and goals, and benefits (for full time clinical staff). A full time clinician can make approximately $85,000-$95,000 including bonuses, incentives, and benefits.
Clinical staff should also keep in mind the ability to develop, cultivate, and maintain a client census includes offering schedule availability that is consistent and during peak times that clients request appointments. To maximize one's ability to achieve their highest potential for salary the clinician should have consistent evening and weekend hours while developing a case load.
The Wellness Solutions Pay Scale:
The Wellness Solutions Bonus Structure:
18. Can clinical staff negotiate pay scale or salary?