WS Client Intake Process:
- We try to make getting started on your therapeutic journey simple, fast, & easy. Change is hard. Life is tough. We believe that your journey has enough challenges, barriers, & obstacles. We aim to provide you with a smooth, organized, and coordinated experience. If there is anything we can do to assist you please let us know. We are here to help provide you with comfort, support, and guidance -from the first appointment request throughout your change journey we are here to help you.
- We want to make getting started with WS a fast, easy, stress-free process and communicate with you every step of the way. We make every effort to ensure your privacy and confidentiality are secure so you can feel confident and in control. All of the WS forms are online and paperless. There is no need for paper, pens, printing, scanning, or uploading any forms. To complete the forms, simply, click on the links below and follow the prompts. You will receive an email confirmation that your form was completed, an email with the form for you to keep, and a text message to verify receipt for each form submitted. We will also contact you as a gentle reminder for any forms that have not been completed.
- We are able to offer a new client appointment to most people within 3 business days of receiving ALL of the new client intake documents.
STEP 1: Submit the WS Online Appointment Request -
- Please click on the following link to submit an online appointment request:
- The appointment request form takes approximately 5-7 minutes to complete. Once you begin a form you cannot save it and return to it later. (This is for privacy and confidentiality reasons.) All forms are completed online.
- You will receive an email confirmation that your form was completed, an email with the form for you to keep, and a text message to verify receipt. You will also receive an email that contains information and links to all of the WS intake forms. We will follow up with you via email, & text regarding any missing information or forms.
- Your schedule availability will influence the swiftness we can schedule a new client appointment. The more schedule flexibility a client has the greater the chance we can accommodate the request and offer a new client appointment.
STEP 2: Complete ALL of the WS Intake Forms -
- Complete ALL of the WS Intake Forms. (WS can not schedule an appointment until we receive ALL intake forms.)
- The WS Admin Registration form takes approximately 30-45 minutes to complete. This form is detailed so that we get to know you as a person, as a unique individual, and not merely a list of symptoms, diagnosis, and problems. WS takes a holistic approach and a wellness approach to care. We want to get to know you and understand your world. We believe that you are an expert in your life. We are experts in change and behavior. Together we collaborate our expertise and create the changes in your life that you want. We ask a lot of questions to better understand you- and to get caught up since you have a head start. :) The information we request in this form is also designed to engage you in quiet reflection and facilitate insight into your personal journey and goals. We ask questions that are developed to help you explore your hopes and strengths, as well as, determine your expectations and challenges. You will need a picture ID for the individual completing the form and for the client (if applicable). Once you begin a form you cannot save it and return to it later. (This is for privacy and confidentiality reasons.) All forms are completed online. There is no paper, pen, printing, or scanning.
- The WS Billing Registration Form takes approximately 5-7 minutes to complete. You will need a picture ID for the individual completing the form and for the client (if applicable). You will also need the client's insurance card if the client has insurance. Once you begin a form you cannot save it and return to it later. (This is for confidentiality and privacy reasons.) All forms are completed online. There is no paper, pen, printing, or scanning.
- The WS Consent Registration Form takes approximately 5-7 minutes to complete. You will need a picture ID for the individual completing the form and for the client (if applicable). You will also need the client's insurance card if the client has insurance. Once you begin a form you cannot save it and return to it later. (This is for confidentiality and privacy reasons.) All forms are completed online. There is no paper, pen, printing, or scanning.
- For NEW MINOR CLIENTS - BOTH PARENTS are REQUIRED to complete the WS Consent Registration Form. This means one parent will complete one WS Consent Registration Form and the other parent will also complete a separate WS Consent Registration Form. Therefore, all new minor clients will have TWO WS Consent Registration Forms required to schedule an appointment. If there are concerns that one parent will not complete a consent form then we recommend that you discuss this with that person in advance. We appreciate your patience as Wellness Solutions, LLC complies with Texas State Law that requires we verify the individuals who consent for outpatient non-emergent mental health treatment of a minor have the legal right to do so. (We do understand that this can be an inconvenience. It is not our favorite rule either, as we recognize it can cause difficulty for some of our clients. However, it is the law and we are compelled to comply.)
- For NEW MINOR CLIENTS - If the minor is the subject of a custody order or custody decree then all legal documents regarding the custody of the minor are required to be provided and uploaded to the consent form. WS will not provide an appointment if any legal documents regarding custody or guardianship have not been provided and verified. We appreciate your patience as Wellness Solutions, LLC complies with Texas State Law that requires we verify the individuals who consent for outpatient non-emergent mental health treatment of a minor have the legal right to do so. (We do understand that this can be an inconvenience. It is not our favorite rule either, as we recognize it can cause difficulty for some of our clients. However, it is the law and we are compelled to comply.)
STEP 3: Getting Scheduled & What To Expect For Your First Appointment -
- Once WS receives ALL completed forms we will outreach to get you scheduled ASAP. As part of the outreach we will share the results of your insurance check (if applicable) and send a secure form to collect a credit card on file. We will also send an email to invite you to the WS Client Portal.
- WS is providing ALL services via telehealth. You will receive an email with a link to the appointment at the start time of the scheduled session. The email that you registered in the intake forms is the email address used to send the appointment link. The links to the appointments expire after 15 minutes. Links are not sent in advance of the session because they will expire. Links are not re-used for subsequent sessions.
- You will receive appointment reminders via email and text to help make scheduling easier to remember. The WS physical address appears in the appointment reminders even though appointments are telehealth. You can opt out of appointment reminders. If you do so then you may not receive other forms of communication with WS through the patient portal.
- Sessions begin at the top of the hour and are 45 minutes in duration. We understand that real life happens to real people. If something comes up and you are not able to make your appointment please let us know and we are happy to help reschedule your appointment.
- We allow all clients to have three appointments that are missed or rescheduled without notice prior to charging for the missed appointment. We lovingly and kindly refer to this is as our "3 Freebie Flake Out" appointment policy. We believe that accessing care should demonstrate understanding for our client's struggles. We appreciate that attending appointments is a commitment that can be challenging in our busy and stress-filled lives. We strive to make attending your appointments an easy and convenient process. No pressure or guilt. If you need to reschedule or cancel at the last minute then we provide you with flexibility and understanding.
- If you lose your privacy for any reason, especially since we understand the nature of the telehealth environment, please let us know and we can get the appointment rescheduled. We are here to help and look forward to making this a collaborative and kind process. (We have conducted MANY sessions from our client's cars, offices, back yards, and yes even closets because there was a privacy concern.) We can be flexible with scheduling and assist you with options to help ensure you can have your sessions in a secure way. (As an FYI we do recommend using earbuds or headphones as that does help with privacy.)
- If you have any technology concerns or problems please reach out and we will do our best to accommodate and troubleshoot any IT related issues together. We understand that maintaining a stable and consistent internet signal can be a difficult and frustrating problem from time to time. If you suddenly lose your internet signal or have an unforeseen technology meltdown we can reschedule or switch the appointment over to a live call in order to respect your time and provide some comfort in difficult circumstances. IT meltdowns happen to all of us from time to time. We understand. Just reach out and we will be happy to assist you.
- You will receive a client satisfaction survey via email after each session. We welcome feedback and seek out and encourage you to give us insight into your experience. We do enjoy positive feedback but we really do seek your sincere and honest opinion so that we can grow, improve, and provide you with the best support possible.
- If you are the parent of a minor who is attending his or her first appointment then please present with your adolescent for the first session. We generally prefer to split the first appointment time in half with the parent and adolescent together for the first part of the session and then spending the second part of the session with the adolescent client.
STEP 4: Concurrent Care & Scheduling Standing Appointments -
- WS staff will contact you to set up standing appointments or recurring appointments to establish a regular and consistent day and time.
- We find that clients prefer to have consistent scheduled appointments to avoid the hassle of scheduling appointments each week or every other week. Once you confirm a standing appointment you can always change your standing appointment as needed. The standing appointments can be the same day and time each week (standing weekly appointment) or the same day and time every other week (standing every other week or EOW appointment). Some clients are not able to commit to standing appointments so we refer to them as" bounce appointments" as they bounce from appointment to appointment each week based on their schedule needs. Many of our clients will opt for monthly appointments or as needed appointments (the healthcare acronym for 'as needed' is PRN - it's a Latin language thing). We will often refer to these appointments as long term maintenance or "tune up" appointments. Many clients will bump up or bump down their appointment appointment frequency (weekly / every other week depending on how they are feeling.
- We outreach to all clients on a regular basis to ensure that their current schedule works for them and to accommodate any upcoming changes as well. If you miss an appointment we will outreach to check on you and make sure you are safe and ok. Many clients are concerned that we will "get mad" or be "disappointed" in them if they cancel or miss an appointment. We absolutely do not get mad, disappointed, or hold grudges regarding missed appointments. We are people too. We get it. Sometimes that happens to us, as well. We demonstrate kindness and self-forgiveness in our words and our actions. The most important thing we consider is how we can best help you and ensure you are safe. Our goal is to make scheduling your appointments 'super' easy! Substantive change takes time and we appreciate your commitment to invest in yourself. We want to support you in your change journey by supporting your positive decisions with flexibility and convenience.
WS Contact Information & Communication Turnaround Times